The Australian Cyber League ("ACL") will administrate the 2015 World of Warcraft Arena Australian Qualifiers ("the Tournament") in accordance with these Official Rules, unless otherwise indicated. Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. ("Sponsor") Is the sponsor of this Tournament. By participating in the Tournament each participant (each a "Player") agrees to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of ACL (which shall be final and binding in all respects).
Players must have authorized access to a World of Warcraft account that is in good standing and has been upgraded with the “The Burning Crusade,” “Wrath of the Lich King,” “Cataclysm,” “Mists of Pandaria” and “Warlords of Draenor” expansions to World of Warcraft upon the commencement date of the tournament, and which remains in good standing throughout the tournament.
1. Tournament Format:
The World of Warcraft Arena World Championships: Australia & New Zealand Qualifiers will be a one day single stage tournament. All rounds will be best-of-five, except the finals which will be a staggered best-of-seven series.
Double Elimination Bracket:
- Each match will be a best 3 out of 5 series to determine the winner.
- The final match will be a best 4 out of 7 series to determine the winner with the team coming from the winner bracket starting the match with a 2 game advantage.
- Each game will last a maximum of twenty-five (25) minutes.
- If no team has a clear lead after twenty-five (25) minutes, as determined by an admin (i.e. three players vs two players), the winner of that game in the series will be determined by total damage done as displayed on the Tournament Commentator User Interface.
1st place will advance to the America Championship.
2. Map Pool:
Here are the maps that are available for play:
- Nagrand Arena (Always the first map of the match, and used for game 7 if the Final goes to a 7th game)
- Blade’s Edge Arena
- Ruins of Lordaeron
- Dalaran Arena
- Tol’viron Arena
- Tiger’s Peak
3. Map Selection and Substitution Procedure:
Team compositions must not have:
- More than one healer
- More than one tank
With the exception of the above, there are no other restrictions to team compositions.
- Each team will declare a team captain.
- The first map will always be Nagrand Arena
- The admin/observer/shoutcaster will create the games and invite each team to join, if available.
- The higher seeded, ranked or rated team will create games and invite teams if there is no admin/observer/shoutcaster.
- Starting Comps can be altered between rounds, using the method outlined below in “First Game of a Series”.
First Game of a Series
Either by coin flip or seeding the following script will be followed. Winning and losing team refers to the coin flip for this first match:
- The losing or higher ranked team will declare and lock in their comp.
- Following the losing or higher ranked team’s lock-in, the winning or lower ranked team will declare and lock in their comp.
These actions will be announced in chat by the Team Captain following this script:
- Winning or lower ranked Team Captain: “[Team Name]’s comp is [class, class, class]”
- Losing or Higher Ranked Team Captain: “[class, class, class] confirmed”
- Losing or Higher Ranked Team Captain: “[Team Name]’s comp is [class, class, class]”
- Winning or Lower Ranked Team Captain: “[class, class, class] confirmed”
Second and subsequent Games of a Series
After the end of each game, the following order of events will occur in in-game chat. Chat shall be set to show timestamps, and the below conversation must be screenshotted in-game for potential dispute resolution. Chat logs will not be accepted. This process must take no more than 5 minutes:
- The losing team of each game will select the next map from the Map Pool of non-played maps.
- Following this selection the winning team will declare and lock in their comp.
- Following the winning team’s lock-in, the losing team will declare and lock in their comp.
These actions will be announced in chat by the Team Captain following this script:
- Losing Team Captain: “[Losing Team Name]’s map selection is [map]”
- Winning Team Captain: “[map] confirmed”
- Winning Team Captain: “[Winning Team Name]’s comp is [class, class, class]”
- Losing Team Captain: “[class, class, class] confirmed”
- Losing Team Captain: “[Losing Team Name]’s comp is [class, class, class]”
- Winning Team Captain: “[class, class, class] confirmed”
Following this conversation the next match must be started within 5 minutes. Maps in a match series cannot be played twice until every map has been played once.
4. Equipment and Settings:
- The “Busy” setting in Battle.net is required to be active
- Tournament Gear shall be used for all matches
- Tournament Gear may be enchanted and Gemmed if applicable
- Players are advised not to transmogrify Tournament gear. Transmogrification will not result in action being taken, but Tournament Admins can ask players to remove Transmogrifications at their discretion. Players repeatedly contravening Admin requests may be penalized.
- The Tournament Gear requirement shall be active for all matches
- Should the match not be started by an admin or spectator, the team not starting the match can check that Tournament Gear is active by equipping a piece of gear that is not Tournament Gear and verifying that it is red on their character sheet.
- This should be screenshotted in-game for potential dispute resolution.
5. Match Rules:
- Players are required to be online and grouped in their starting composition 30 minutes before the match starts, and complete game preparations. Once prepared, the Team Captain must notify the tournament administrator or opposing team leader as applicable.
- The total allowed time between matches is 10 minutes.
- All matches will be played on the World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor server determined by the tournament organizer
- During the game, players may not use chat except for a greeting, closing, and disconnects or other issues.
- Players who intentionally quit a Game after the doors have opened will concede the Game.
- If players enter a match and notice that the Tournament Gear Required buff is not present, they can immediately leave the match. The buff does not currently appear in the waiting room.
- In the case of a technical issue, the tournament organizer may restart the game from the beginning at their discretion.
- In order to dispute any Game issue, Players must notify their Referee immediately. Once the next game has started, players may not protest results. The tournament administration may investigate past results at their discretion.
- Players may not use known bugs in the tournament matches, as determined by the tournament administration.
Players may use any macro they wish as long as:
- For all actions it is required to push a button.
- No timers, actions, scripts, or macros automatically activate or trigger in response to opponent’s or ally’s actions (no automatic cooldown trackers).
6. Match Offenses:
- If a Player does not follow any of the rules listed above, the player may receive a warning at the discretion of the tournament organizer
- If a Player causes a delay beyond the designated exceptions, the player will receive a warning
- Player misconduct as defined in the player responsibilities will receive a warning at the discretion of the organizer
- The first misconduct warning will carry over throughout the current season
In a single competition day, if a Player receives:
- two (2) warnings will forfeit the next Game
- three (3) warnings will forfeit the next match
- four (4) warnings will cause a disqualification from the current tournament
Players may request the status of their total warnings from the organizer
7. Prize Payments:
Prize Money Payment: Prize money will only be awarded to participants in the tournament. If a player is disqualified, they may forfeit their prize. Players must submit all required forms by 11:59PM AEST July 31st 2015 or they will be in jeopardy of prize forfeiture. All prize money will be paid out 30 days after each tournament and after appropriate paperwork has been completed by the player.
Prize Money Payout Method: Prize money payments will be paid out by check, wire transfer, or Paypal by the person or company paying the prize money. Failure to redeem the check or to provide necessary information for the payments to be complete will result in the payments not being made. If a player has not collected the winnings or redeemed the check within one year of the initial payment date, the prizes are forfeited.
Taxation: All prize money will be subject to taxation and the rest of prize money will be paid out. The rate and the exact amount for taxation will follow applicable laws.